Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's either an update or a blip

Sam slept away most of Tuesday. What little food he ate he threw up. I don't know if this is the stomach flu or progression of the cancer. Only time will tell.

His sleepy day was followed by a restless and wakeful night. Is that because he slept the day away, or is the tumor confusing his days and nights? Only time will tell.

I don't know if I should be bracing myself for the end, or if he'll bounce back and we'll get a few more weeks. Just Monday night, John and I were talking about Sam celebrating Halloween. Now it's changing on me. 

I'm terrified of what's to come.

2 comments:

  1. He is so amazing and strong and resilient. Hospice thought July was the end and Sammy was smiling and engaging in August and still laughing at fart jokes in September. I have never hoped for something to be from a stomach virus before, but now I am hoping hoping that it is "just" a bug that will pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete